Saturday, January 30, 2016

Our Cat


Our Cat

by Bud Lemire on March 2, 2003



Our cat acts like a dog, it's true

Wagging his tail, when he's happy to see you

He fetches a toy, and brings it back

It's amazing, how this feline acts



He's constantly, looking in the mirror

Probably wondering, what a cat is doing here

Maybe he just wants to bark, or chew on a bone

But only a MEOW comes out, and a sad groan



He goes to the door, when he wants to go out

And he returns, when it's his name that you shout

It's very odd, is it a cat I really see

Or a dog in cat's fur, that sits before me



Meow! Ruff! I'm confused at this thought

It goes against, all that I was ever taught

Maybe he's a mixed breed, between a dog and a cat

Could be one of his ancestors, was a dog...going way back



That would explain, why he acts as he does

Maybe that's why he is, because of what was

Our Cat acts like a dog, yes, you heard me right

And believe me, it makes for an awesome sight

No comments:

Post a Comment