Sunday, January 31, 2016

Old Fashion Heart


Old Fashion Heart

2003 by Bud Lemire



I'm in love with a gal, with an old fashion heart

She may seem behind the times, but she's really smart

Thinking that maybe, she was born too late

Living in a future, because that was her fate



Oh yesterdays, long before my time here

I remember the past, and my eyes have a tear

Where were those days, they seem so far away

Seems they've been gone forever, and now it's today



Sure I could go back, on a Time Machine ride

If I was living back then, by now I'd have died

I wonder what kind of life, I'd have had back then

I'm caught up in a time loop, and think of it often



I can't think of the past, and what could have been

Or think of my life, if I lived back then

I'm happy right now, with the love of my life

And he accepts me for myself, I'm glad I'm his wife”



So the future is coming, with him by my side

I'll stand straight with courage, as we take a stride

We'll overcome whatever, time brings our way

And live and love, in the time we have today “

No comments:

Post a Comment