Sunday, January 31, 2016

My Birthday


My Birthday

by Bud Lemire on Jan 21, 2014



Today is my birthday, a special day for me

Another day older, and happy to be

For throughout each year, there is so much to learn

Every path that we travel, and at every turn



Another year wiser, another year blessed

In the company of friends that I call the best

Another year of the best love I know

Touching me deep, within my soul



A year to see more beauty, everywhere I go

That touches my spirit in the ever flow

All things that are, all things that will be

The butterfly, the dragonfly, flying so free



Life is too short, not to enjoy everything in each day

You can find good in it, if you look at it that way

I flow with the feel, and feel with the flow

And get the most out of it, with all that I know



What is time, but the slow moving hand

Or the minutes that fall, like grains of sand

Cherish the people and the company you keep

For their time is limited, and their value is deep



As I celebrate my day, the day I was born

I think of those who were tattered and torn

Then I realize how good I have it here

So I can enjoy my birthday every day of the year



Each Birthday that comes means another year of

doing my best in everything I can do. Sharing laughs

and good times with friends. Sharing love with those

I love. And being born all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment