Monday, November 28, 2011

Amber's Light

by Bud Lemire on June 7, 2008


Today I received a letter, straight from a little girl’s heart
Who told me my presence, played a very special part
She showed me respect, and filled it with her love
A Charmed one she is, from Heaven above

Oh dearest Amber, with your soul so bright
You’ve touched me deeply, with your loving light
I know all the things, that you’ve been through
With me around, you’re free to be the real you

No insults, I respect you for all you are
Though you are a child, you have traveled far
You have seen and heard, things that you should not
With me, you can speak freely with every thought

No need to worry that I’ll bring you down
I’ll do my best too see there is no frown
I’m fair and equal with everything I do
I’ll do my best to do the best for you

Please know I’m not rich, but I’ve got a lot of love to give
There will be things without, each day that we live
If you give me a chance, I’ll do my very best
Because as a team, we three won’t expect any less

As a team we will work together to make each day better
Because each day we grow together, is a pleasure
And a smile is always nice to see
So you can expect many from me


For a little girl named Amber who wrote me a letter one day and it touched me

No comments:

Post a Comment