Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Blackbird

by Bud Lemire on Feb 24, 2007


The blackbird whispered in my ear
I have a message for you to hear
It is my time to go
But I just wanted you to know
Whatever you do
Know that I love you

You've been there for me while my health went down
You were the smile that turned my frown
You were the sunshine that entered the door everyday
And yet there's so much more to say
I know the time has come to leave
But I hate to see anyone grieve

I hope you are well taken care of
Because you deserve so much love
You held me up
You knew when it was enough
You made it easier for me to live
You knew just how much love to give

I will fly so very high
Now don't you cry
I am doing much better with these wings
Remember the good things each new day brings
Watch for the signs I send
They will help your soul to mend

For you were the healer for me
So I give it back to thee
I must go back to the light
But I will read everything you write
I will be there for you
And I will guide you through

No comments:

Post a Comment