Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Fireworks Were Cancelled

                 By Bud Lemire on July 5, 2010

 
The Fireworks were cancelled on this 4th Of July
Only rain clouds were seen up in the sky
Many were disappointed as the rain hit the ground
Think of all the greener grass that will be found
 
I love the green meadows of the grass so green
The trees are so colorful and make a beautiful scene
Helps the gardens so the veggies and flowers can grow
Rain does so much more than we will ever know
 
On a warm and muggy day rain feels so nice to me
Falling in sprinkles, it’s a feeling of tranquility
So the Fireworks were cancelled, no worries here
I hear the spirits as they whisper in my ear
 
“On your journey on the Earthly plane, changes will take place”
“You’ll have many road blocks that you’ll have to face”
“The rain that cancels events is a blessing in disguise”
“Nature’s gift to you, if you could only visualize”
“For rain means growth for the grass and for you”
“Remember this, the rain always brings something new”
 

As I ride my bicycle upon a rainy street
I’m thankful for each new day that I can complete
The Fireworks were cancelled, but that’s okay
We’ll have them once again, on a better day
 
Those that showed up on the 4th, got drenched with rain. I was one of them. The following night I heard what sounded like the Fireworks from my window. Two stories were circulating. The first was that some people from Wisconsin were illegally doing some Fireworks and one of them got badly burned. I do remember hearing a siren that night. Another story is that the City had to do some of them because of the time limit to some of the Fireworks in order for them to work. Someone had fallen on the sidewalk going down Park’s hill, and cracked their head.

No comments:

Post a Comment