Monday, November 28, 2011

Our Crazy Taste Buds

Photobucket
By Bud Lemire on Sept 22, 2008

 
There are many combinations of what people will eat
Sour Kraut, salty chips, or something oh so sweet
In Australia a beetroot sandwich is what we call a beet
People everywhere combining foods to make them feel complete
 
I like apple juice with popcorn and sliced cheese
Extra Sharp Cheddar or Muenster if you please
But there are stranger combinations than I ever knew
And I’m here with this poem to share them with you
 
Radishes with crackers is a new one to me
Green onions and white cake, what can be the key
Our crazy taste buds, cravings we desire
A new trend to try out, foods that we admire
 
Clam chowder with peanut butter on crackers is one I know
I’m sure you can find new combinations wherever you go
I try not to knock them, I’ll give anything a try
Who knows how it’ll taste, do we ever know why
 
Our taste buds know it sounds and tastes good to us
Our stomachs are happy and it’s the taste buds that it trusts
We must go with our cravings, trying something new
As our taste buds drive us crazy with everything we chew

 
Do you have any crazy combinations of food that you’d like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment