Sunday, November 27, 2011

Christmas Cards

     By Bud Lemire on Dec 14, 2009

 
I got my Christmas cards done finally
Did you receive the one that came from me?
I’m sure I had the address right
But it sure was a long night
 
There were those who passed, and I had to delete
And just when I thought the list was complete
Some new ones gave me a card too
So my list ended up being quite a few
 
I had to recheck their addresses and they were correct
Then got up to stretch, because I had a sore neck
Just one more to write out with a letter
I checked them off and I was feeling better
 
I addressed the envelopes and added the stamps with my tongue
While listening to Christmas music, and how each song was sung
I sealed the envelope and added it to the out going pile
Then I’m closer to being done, so I put on a happy smile
 
I should be done pretty soon
As I take in a lovely tune
I love to keep in touch with everyone
And I can feel it…I’m almost done
 
My cards are all written and sent out
And I realize what Christmas Cards are all about
It’s keeping in touch with those who mean the most to you
Those who have been there to guide you and help you through


Thank you for being here for me, and thank you for the Christmas cards that warmed my heart and soul. May your Christmas be filled with the very best!

No comments:

Post a Comment