Monday, November 28, 2011

Giving Thanks

By Bud Lemire on Nov 11, 2008
 
As Thanksgiving comes around, I have some things to say
Bow your heads with hands together, join me as I pray
Mostly at Thanksgiving we think of the Turkey
But there is so much more, so here they are from me
 
Thank you God, for giving us this wonderful place
A home where we can rest, with the daily problems that we face
It’s been good for me being here
Many wonderful people throughout the year
 
Everyone so unique in their own way
It’s always interesting to hear what they have to say
Old and young, and some so wise
Many shapes, and every size
 
Len does his best to keep the place running strong
With Steve and Mark helping, we can’t go wrong
Mary Lynn and Judi keeping things running square
What would we do without them being there
 
Just like the President running the country, it’s not easy to do
But they do their jobs, making it easier for me and you
And they’ll try to help you out in any way
They’ll be thankful they made better your day
 
The beautiful scene that is nearby
Ludington park, where seagulls like to fly
God has done a wonderful job oh yes
We surely are fortunate and absolutely blessed
 
So I’m giving my thanks for all of the things
Found in each day, and the love it brings
Thank you for you, and thank you for me
Bring on the Turkey, I sure am hungry! Amen!
 
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! I hope your day is filling and tasty and spent with the ones you love. Try not to spend it alone if you can help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment