Monday, November 28, 2011

The Rumors

Photobucket
   By Bud Lemire on Aug 1, 2008

 
Many times the rumors spread
Not sure what was heard or said
Yet we count it as being true
But then again, we never knew
 
We need to get the story straight
Before a rumor’s out and it’s too late
Now we’ve all made mistakes before
I’m sure there will be many more
 
I ask that you don’t believe all they say
Unless the source is checked in every way
Sometimes the story can spread like fire
And changes fast, and you become a liar
 
I try my best to share what I know
I learn from my mistakes, and I grow
I’m far from perfect, but aren’t we all
We do our best when we hear the call
 
So as you read my poetry
Remember that it came from me
And as you do, you should also know
Just because it’s written, doesn’t make it so
Only you can choose what to believe
What to take in, and what to leave

No comments:

Post a Comment