Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Popcorn Man

By Bud Lemire on March 3, 2009
 
Call me The Popcorn Man
I’ll try to help you understand
I love the pop pop pop
From a good crop crop crop
 
I love to eat the popcorn
I’m sure it’s the reason I was born
Popcorn and cheese every night
Make mine extra butter, alright!
 
With apple juice, it goes down so wonderfully
Popcorn popping is the favorite treat for me
Oh and I love the smell
When it’s done I hear the microwave bell
 
Into a bowl falls this corny treat
Into my mouth so I can eat
A slice of cheese completes my corny soul
Fills up my stomach, fills my empty hole
 
I remember as a boy, at the Popcorn Stand
While listening to the Escanaba City Band
The Popcorn stand stationed on Ludington street
I remember those days with each kernel I eat
 
As I sit back in my recliner each night
This popcorn snack is a wonderful delight
Now you know and truly understand
Why I can call myself The Popcorn Man


Writing this poem has made me hungry for some popcorn….so I am going to pop some and sit back and enjoy it. *POP* *POP* *POP*

No comments:

Post a Comment