Wednesday, November 30, 2011

As Beautiful As A Butterfly

by Bud Lemire on July 29, 2011


She changed into a butterfly and flew away
They thought she was crazy in every way
Where she went, nobody knows
But some say she got stuck on a rose

Some have said she transformed into a beautiful white eagle
Others have said what she does isn’t considered legal
But I always loved to see her spread her wings
And always felt the love her presence brings

Some tried to pin her wings so she couldn’t fly
But I released her when I heard her cry
I held her tight, and set her free
And in return, she gave her love to me

Beauty was the design on her wings
I feel it and my heart sings
One of God’s creatures, a work of art
Deep in my soul, she lands on my heart

She flies away again, but I know she’ll return
Into a warm embrace, for whom we each yearn
Before me stands a  woman, as beautiful as a butterfly
Carrying a love so strong and true, it’ll never die

No comments:

Post a Comment