Saturday, November 26, 2011

On This Christmas Day

    By Bud Lemire on Dec 18, 2010
 
Christmas is here again, I feel it in the air
People rushing to buy a gift, something they can share
What will it be this year, you can only do your best
Picking the perfect present can surely be a test
 
Cards arriving in the mail, from family near and far
Writing on the inside, to tell you how they are
Each year is different, than the one before
Special in their own way, who could ask for more
 
A gathering of family, which has really grown
Now the younger ones have little ones of their own
Sitting at the table, eating the Christmas meal
Taking in the surroundings that are oh so real
 
Presents are handed to me, “open them” they say
So I begin unwrapping them on this Christmas Day
A shirt showing a musical group I love to listen to
They got me exactly what I like, I wonder how they knew
 
A plate of cookies is placed before us at the end
Appreciation is spoken for this day that we attend
A warm feeling when it’s over, how wonderful it went
To take part in this wonderful Merry Christmas event

Wishing all my family & friends a very special Christmas and New Years. Hope you can feel the warmth and happiness that is brought to you every holiday season. Stay warm, keep healthy, and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment