Sunday, November 27, 2011

Garage Sale

      By Bud Lemire on June 20, 2009

 
I went to a Garage Sale to see what I could see
I found someone there who was looking back at me
She asked me if there was anything I found
I told her, “Not yet, I’m still looking around”
 
If you look around, the prices are marked down low
On many different things that normally wouldn’t be so
Maybe there’s a book that I’d like to read
You just never know where a sale could lead
 
I see a box of Cds, so I look to see what’s there
I find a CD for 25 cents, that can’t be ordered anywhere
She tells me there’s three more boxes of books she just put out
So I find myself doing some more wandering about
 
Maybe there’s something I can get for someone
I’ll just keep on looking, until I am done
Maybe a knickknack will fit someone I know
I look on the tables and in the boxes down below
Maybe an elephant, a cow, or possibly a bear
Something I can find, so that I can share
 
I guess I’ll take the CD and I’ll go
I wish her luck, hoping more people will show
I walked out the door and was on my way
So happy I found a bargain at the Garage Sale today

 
Whether it be a Garage Sale, Yard Sale, Rummage Sale, or Estate Sale, it’s always nice to find bargains at these sales. To find something that costs less, yet means so much . And you just never know what you’ll find….a treasure, an antique, a keepsake for many years to come. Whatever it is you find, you’ll be glad you stopped to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment