Sunday, November 27, 2011

Your Family Tree

     By Bud Lemire on June 6, 2009
 
Many years ago I climbed my Family Tree
The time has passed and I still can’t let it be
It seems the more I do, the more I want to do
I know I’ll spend a lifetime, and I’ll never be through
But it really doesn’t matter at all to me
It seems that I was born to do genealogy
 
There are always updates that need filling in
Many people are not sure where they should begin
First of all you have to start with You
Then your parents and grandparents and everything you knew
Until you can’t go back on your memory
Then you start on that branch on your Family Tree
 
Don’t think of it as a big job, to climb the Family Tree
Space it out in branches, for it’s your Family History
The history of your family, leading down to you
All the information found, that you never knew
What they did for a living, the year they immigrated
A new land to move to, it had to be appreciated
 
Raising a large family, was hard work to do
Farming for survival, so the life could lead to you
I’m always finding something as I research a little more
I believe the “learning experience” is what we’re here for
So if you are swinging around on your Family Tree
There can’t be any monkey business when it comes to genealogy
The answers can be found, somehow and somewhere
And there’s always someone, who is willing to share
 
Never give up, as you search your Family Tree
New information will appear, in your ancestry
For we are guided by those who came before
They are behind us, so we can find so much more

I've had so much pleasure from climbing my family tree. I've met some really wonderful people who have passed through my life as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment