Saturday, November 26, 2011

Marbles Falling

  By Bud Lemire on January 31, 2010


 Marbles, marbles, I keep hearing them fall
And yet many say they don’t have any at all
I hear them fall on my ceiling every day
“We don’t have any” is what they’d say
 
The person below me says he hears them too
I haven’t any marbles and don’t have a clue
The person above me hasn’t any as well
Yet I still hear them, sounds like something fell
 
What are we hearing that makes this sound
Someone might know if they’ve been around
Maybe it’s something else that we hear
That sounds like marbles falling to our ear
 
It can be heard when it’s quiet in the room
Marbles came to mind because it was easy to assume
Who would have marbles to drop on the floor
What are they using these marbles for
 
I’ve heard the expression “They’ve lost their marbles,” well maybe it’s true
We’d help them find them, but I’ve been told I lost mine too
If people hear marbles falling, what can it be
Until the answers are found it’s a mystery


I wonder what it is that we’re hearing that sounds like marbles falling. Are there more people losing their marbles here than we are aware. I’m sure there’s an answer that someone might know. Have you heard them too?
I remember playing marbles as a kid. Shooting the marbles into the hole before the other kid did. Those were the fun times. Anyone for marbles…..maybe I’ll pick some up this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment