Monday, November 28, 2011

Memories Lost

By Bud Lemire on Dec 20, 2008

 
So many have found, things can’t be found
They’ll put them down somewhere, but they’re not around
Nothing seems to feel right, it is all wrong
It’s like listening to missing words to a song
 
Diseases effect the mind, with people we know
Many remember the past, recent events isn’t so
They’ll put something down, then walk away
Forgetting where it is, on the very same day
 
They’ll repeat many things, that they have done
Only remembering that time, as the only one
I’ll share an incident that happened before my eyes
I’m sure for this condition, it’s no surprise
 
I remember one lady opening a letter she received
Moments later she cursed others, for it’s what she believed
She didn’t even remember opening it
She blamed others and had a fit
 
“Oh where did I put that, where can it be”
“I had it before, now I’ve lost my keys”
“It might be in the garbage, or dropped to the floor”
“I know that I had it just a moment before”
 
When dealing with alzheimers or dementia, please be aware
Everyone who has it, needs special attention and care
Patience, for it’s not easy to be
Someone who’s lost . . . their memory

 Someone we know may have this mind shattering disease, and we need to know how to handle it and help them through it. Age effects our minds at an early stage, and we find ourselves with a touch of it throughout our lives….and wondering where we put something and end up searching for it. Patience and understanding is one of the keys to helping someone with it. For they are just as scared as they go through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment