Saturday, November 26, 2011

Friends That Are Here

By Bud Lemire on April 27 2010

 
Seems like each year I find friends that are here
Some come from afar, and some are from near
Just when you think they’re out of reach
They come together and give you some bleach
 
A neighbor will stop by to check to see if you’re okay
There are so many friends you can find in every day
They’ll gather around to shoot some dice
Or come other event that is just as nice
 
It’s so wonderful to have friends around here
Keeps loneliness away and wipes out the fear
To have someone near who understands you
Makes life so much better with all that you do
 
A friend who’ll sit down and actually hear what you say
Is one who understands you in each and every way
One who calls you just to say hello
How are you, and what do you know
Friends are special to have all the time
I know I’m very happy to have all of mine

I want to thank all my friends. The ones who listen and hear and understand me. The ones who gather with me to shoot dice, talk about things we have in common, listen to music, or just the ones who comment on my poetry or my photos. Those who spend time because they truly love my company. Thank you my friends. You know who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment