Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I'm Only Human

by Bud Lemire on Jan 6, 2007


I’m only human, I make mistakes like you
Some may misunderstand, things I say and do
I don’t always understand, all of the things
Just facing a new day, with all that it brings

I do know when I give, I give my all
I never have to worry about how high is my wall
Because I never built one, it’s easier to get through
I feel the love you’re sending, and I know it’s true

Still there are times, people don’t understand me
How can I explain it, I’m just following my destiny
It may not be how you get things done
But for me, this way, is the only one

It works for me, being me this way
I try hard to be, the best me everyday
I share my thoughts and visions, so others will learn too
Because it is my way, doing what I do

I’m only human, my spirit’s not always strong
Tears are released, but who is really wrong
Could it be we’re both right, on the road to get there
From a different place, just one of us is more aware

I ask that when you judge me
For things I did thoughtlessly
Ask yourself, is it human to err
You’ll find I’m only human, sometimes unaware

No comments:

Post a Comment