Sunday, November 27, 2011

Elmer’s

© By Bud Lemire on March 14, 2009

 He started his store many years ago
He worked hard at it, so that it would grow
And grow it did, into the store you see today
Stop in for some groceries, if you pass this way
 
My family’s been shopping, many years at his store
When we run out of groceries, we go back for more
The quality is great, the service is grand
You always get the best, because they understand
 
Elmer himself, treats his customers like they’re friends
The bargains at his store, are ones that never ends
Elmer helps out, and is still going at age ninety-two
Doing his best, to bring the best back to you
 
I buy my salmon there for my weekend meal
They always have a special seafood deal
I pick up some shrimp, because I like that too
There’s always many sales, saving money for you
 
Just yesterday, before I started writing this poem
I was sitting in the exit, waiting for a Taxi home
When Elmer walked in, and greeted me with a smile
Treating me like a long lost friend, he hadn’t seen in awhile
 
He shook my hand, in a strong embrace
As we exchanged greetings, standing face to face
He commented on the warm coat I was wearing
It felt good to take part in the greeting we were sharing
Elmer, I write this poem especially for you
For all that you’ve done, and all that you do

Elmer, for the store you worked so hard to build. For the quality that you always give us. And especially for the warm and caring way that you treat your customers, we thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment