Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cry In The Night

by Bud Lemire on Jan 3, 2007


I heard a strong cry in the night
I got up from my chair, looked towards the light
I looked straight into a mirror
I saw saddened face, and a falling tear

I held a sword, and waved it around
I pierced her soul, inside it was found
I didn’t know I had swung it her way
Now her pain is also mine, every day

Our love was broken, because of my careless act
So I must live alone in this dirty old shack
With mice falling from the ceiling, upon me
And the bed is the only place, that is safe to be

My heart light has burnt out
Angry at myself, I want to shout
This is not what love is about
It should be known, without any doubt

Questions wander within her head
While part of me remains dead
I ask for guidance, for I am lost
I’m paying the price, at a higher cost

Please take away the pain I feel
Help me to carry on, help me to heal
I threw that sword away as well
While my life remains…a living hell

No comments:

Post a Comment