Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Time

          By Bud Lemire on May 20, 2010

 
Thanksgiving time comes to us in November
A great time to celebrate and to remember
The Pilgrims and Native Americans feasted on this day
Giving thanks for the food that came their way
 
The Turkey gives up its life so that we can have its meat
Gathering with family so we can get stuffed when we eat
Turkey and dressing. Potatoes and gravy, and more
Having this food to eat, is what I’m thankful for
 
I’ll eat a little of everything on my plate
And I always let it be known that I appreciate
The jello tasted great, how I love the taste of lime
A traditional dish that’s been in my family for a long time
 
Everyone seems to have the green bean casserole
I always take a little from the bowl
I fill up my plate with as much as I can
Stuffed like a Turkey is what I usually am
 
I hardly have any room when dessert comes around
But after walking around, some room is found
For the rest of the day, I keep busy working off the food
I ate everything so I wouldn’t come across as rude
But all in all, the food tasted great
Thanksgiving Time is a great time to appreciate

Wishing everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. The Lime Jello I talked about in this poem is made with carrots and crushed pineapple in it. It’s been in my family for years. Pass the Turkey, I’ll have another slice.

No comments:

Post a Comment