Monday, November 28, 2011

Dancing On The Other Side

By Bud Lemire on Sept 26, 2008

 
His sight has returned, he’s dancing again
On the Other Side, you’ll find my friend
He always said he’d dance one more time
In the Heavenly Kingdom his dance is divine
 
I’d sit in his presence, he’d look in the air
Words would come out, the stories he’d share
He’d tell me stories, of people he knew here
It was always a pleasure to lend him my ear
 
We’d listen to music, songs from the past
He’d name every one, I never had to ask
He took pleasure in each song that I’d play
It made me happy to see him smile every day
 
Even though he was blind, he loved the sunlight
And he’d go off to the park, riding his bike
He was motivated by his love for life
And was careful to do everything just right
 
He often went swimming at the Y.M.C.A.
Which kept his muscles strong every day
His sense of humor was loved very much
This wonderful man had a special touch
 
He’s whole again, Dancing On The Other Side
In the Heavenly Kingdom, with a smile so wide
Having spent time with him, I can truly say
I’m so glad that we met, and that he came my way

 

Lawrence, thank you so very much for all you shared

No comments:

Post a Comment