Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Eskymobile

By Bud Lemire on March 13, 2010

 
As we spring ahead, memories take me back in time
To the places I use to be, now residing in my mind
The people and the places, everything that was there
Thoughts that bring me back, are some that I will share
 
Waiting for the weather to warm, so I could ride my bike
The wind blowing through my hair, is something that I like
Life couldn’t be any better, thanks to my dear old Dad
He’d put together a bike, and paint it, which wasn’t too bad
 
He’d paint it any color, any color that I’d like
I ended up with an orange and black colored bike
I called it my Eskymobile after our school colors here
Being classed as an Eskymo made it easier to steer
 
Proud to show my bike off, on a warm summer day
Thankful to my Dad, for making it that way
My friends thought it awesome, for Dad to make it so unique
Every now and then though, the bike would spring a leak
 
Dad would patch it up, and soon I’d be back out
Riding it all over Escanaba, taking every route
Checking out each neighborhood, as I rode around
My bike was so quiet, it hardly made a sound
It took me many places, and gave me so much joy
A happy memory, that I remember as a boy


Thank you Dad! For making memories that bring a smile to my face whenever they come to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment