Friday, December 23, 2016

A New Angel In Heaven's Light


A New Angel In Heaven's Light

© 2004 by Bud Lemire



There's a new Angel in Heaven's light

I should know, for I've felt her bite

It took awhile, but I became her friend

Many nights seeing to her needs, I would spend



For the woman who at first, wanted me out

The very same one, who bit me and would shout

Now she welcomed me with a smile

We'd talk and laugh, every night awhile



I had come to know her laughter and soul

Once when I was sad, she made me feel whole

She told me that I should follow my heart

For my journey ahead, she made an imaginary scarf



In the toilet, there wasn't any snake

The smell of cookies, kept her awake

To see her smile, each time I came into the room

Had me singing a made up song, she didn't know the tune



Betty, I hardly had any time with you at all

But I was there once, to pick you up from your fall

I was there to ease all your pain

And a part of you, will always remain



Before the end, your spirit came through

And I'm so happy, I got to know the real you

Yes, it is time for us each, to journey back home

To be among family and friends, and never alone



Dedicated to my dear friend Betty Burton, who has traveled

back home, to Heaven. In the light, she will always shine.

*



This was back when I lived in Montesano, Washington. I

worked in a home for people with dementia called

Autumn House. I have many pleasant memories from

my time there. Betty was one of the clients that lived

there. There were many others who will be cherished

in my memory.


No comments:

Post a Comment