Friday, December 23, 2016

Changing


Changing

© 2004 by Bud Lemire



When she came to take me away

Did she think I'd change with every day

It was her who changed her mind

I always gave freely, I was always kind



Did we grow apart

No longer one at heart

Because it sure feels sore

She doesn't love me anymore



Before, I could do no wrong

Now everything is an off key song

The words once used for love

Now burns inside with everything I think of



I never asked to change her at all

I accepted and loved, until she put up that wall

Or was it a wall that we both had put up

Each of our efforts just weren't enough



God help me, I'm begging please

Give me a hug, and a gentle squeeze

Tears keep falling, my heart is broke

The flames of love, gone up in smoke



This was right after Wanda told me that

she didn't love me any more. Many thoughts

going through my head at that time. I remember

trying to figure it all out. The answer came

gradually through the years. It wasn't my fault

at all. Sometimes things don't seem to work no

matter how hard you try and it is time to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment