Saturday, December 24, 2016

Mary, A Special Lady


Mary, A Special Lady

© by Bud Lemire on June 23, 2016



She wakes from a dream, she wants to go home

That's where she is, and she's never alone

A smoke on her cigarette, a sip of her tea

Time spent with this special lady, was what happened to me



She'll tell it like it is, a great personality

And a wonderful heart, as I've known it to be

She loved looking out the window, on a sunny day

Intelligence was in her, in every single way



Our time was limited, on the time that was spent

Yet I felt lucky, of the time that was lent

The News, Family Feud, and The Andy Griffith Show

Those were shows we'd watch, and then my time to go



I don't eat much,” is what she'd always say

She's settle for a grilled cheese sandwich, made my way

A few chips and a pickle, and that would do

She'd eat it all, until everything was through



When I first met her, she said I was an interesting guy

I played music that she enjoyed, and the time would fly

She felt comfortable with me, considering I'm a man

I listened to her stories, from within her life span



I'd read Hagar The Horrible, for her to hear

It would make her laugh, a smile and a cheer

It was always an honor, to know her for our time

This special lady, Mary, was a wonderful friend of mine



Whenever I came in, she wouldn't hear me and called me

Sneaky Pete. We always had a lot to talk about and I found

she was a very wonderful lady. It was always so easy to give

her a hug before leaving for the night. She was always thinking

of her love of life, Forrest. I know she is now dancing in Heaven

with him. I am sure he was waiting to take her hand as she crossed

over. She is now happy and free of the burdens she had here.

Thank you Mary, for being a wonderful friend of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment