Saturday, December 24, 2016

Hear, I Can Not


Hear, I Can Not

© by Bud Lemire on Oct 22, 2016




How would you feel if suddenly your world went quiet

Your TV was up loud, you couldn't hear when you walked by it

The every day sounds would all disappear

You'll wonder what has gone wrong with your ear



Sometimes it's age, the loss as we get old

Chemo treatments will do it, is what I'm told

Some were born with this, at the very start

It's hard to imagine no music, but that's only a part



There's the little things daily, like the song of a bird

You can see its beak moving, yet nothing was heard

People talking down at the end of the hall

Were as silent as if listening to a wall



A door shutting, a toilet flushing, an every day sound

Was not heard at all, not anywhere around

How different would your world be

In silence you'd live quite differently



When the hearing is taken, you have no choice

Yet to continue doing your best, not hearing their voice

When nothing is heard, with all that you've got

Then listening won't happen, and Hear, You Can Not





I know one thing for sure, I am so happy I can hear

everything I can hear. Can you even imagine what it

is like for those who can not hear a thing? I think that

is another reason we should appreciate the music, and

every day sounds that we hear, because one never knows

when it might be taken from us.


No comments:

Post a Comment