Friday, December 23, 2016

Cousin Don


Cousin Donald

© 1993 by Bud Lemire



As long as I can remember, you've been around

Cousin Donald from Marquette, Escanaba bound

Visiting with us, and Auntie Fish too

Good natured, and a friend to quite a few



A Fireman by trade, until he retired

A trusting friend, a Cousin I admired

Hardworking, and a family man

Devoted, to being the best he can



Suffering the loss of a Mother, Sister, and a Wife

Relatives and friends, helped him on with his life

You've been a lot of help, and not given up on me

A special guiding force, as I learned our Family Tree



Never losing touch, always on the ball

Hearing all my questions, answering them all

I can't put into words, all that your presence has meant

Except to thank you, for the time that you have spent

And as I look back upon our Family Tree

There's a special place within my heart, for someone such as he




This is for my Cousin Don Lawry who has always been there for

me and has guided me with his wisdom and his friendship.

Thank you Don!


Note: Don's Mother was my Aunt Aurora Lemire-Lawry

No comments:

Post a Comment