Friday, December 23, 2016

Divided By Love


Divided By Love

©2002 by Bud Lemire



Love can be painful, with every choice you decide

When the love that you give, is one you must divide

Decisions made, and a life path I must choose

And someone will get more, the other a spiritual bruise



I ask God for forgiveness, of the choices that I make

When they both feel right, but only one I can take

The sadness I feel, for the cause of one's pain

And the shared memories, deep within my brain



I ask forgiveness of the one, I hurt with promises never kept

The final decision wasn't easy, many times I have wept

My life is for helping others, it's what I do the best

I feel the pain I caused, and it makes it hard to rest



Life can be confusing, and hard to understand

When dreams are tossed into the air, and in a black hole they land

It seems the spirits know, the choice that is the best

And bring on hard decisions, and put us to the test



It is the greater of the two, the one that I must choose

And take each step with caution, and understand the clues

I give my love freely, to those who come my way

In hopes that my healing presence, brightens up their day

I know that we are guided, by the Angels up above

To carry on life's journey, when we're Divided By Love





Life's decisions aren't always the easiest. There is always

someone who gets hurt in each decision. Yet, because it

is our life, we must choose the one that will benefit us

the most at the time we are choosing.

No comments:

Post a Comment