Saturday, December 24, 2016

A Poem About Nothing


A Poem About Nothing

© by Bud Lemire on April 26, 2016



I've never written about Nothing, so I think that I will write

Something that is not there, in fact it's out of sight

I've written many poems about something, but Nothing's on my mind

The subjects are so varied, but right now they're hard to find



When I write a poem about Nothing, there's not much I can say

In fact when I think of it, there's Nothing to this day

Some days it's good to have Nothing, there's not a thing to do

Relaxing and peaceful, sitting back in the recliner too



I try not to think of anything, while Nothing's on my mind

Yet something always pops up, at least I am not blind

I let my mind drift, to a place that is nowhere

Where Nothing can be found, because Nobody is there



A great visit it was, to be nowhere at all

When the phone rings, and it's nobody who made the call

We talk about Nothing, and as the time passes quick

I hear the clock upon the wall, going tick tick tick



There's Nothing more that I can say, if only you believe

When your mind is blank, there is Nothing you receive

Since it is Nothing, and there can be Nothing more

Why should I continue, when it's Nothing I'm writing for




I usually write about something, so it's a nice change to

write about Nothing. There's really Nothing to it. I just

keep on writing about Nothing, and Nothing comes easily

to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment