Friday, December 23, 2016

Astute As A Fruit


Astute As A Fruit

© 2002 by Bud Lemire



My friend Bob said “Bud, you are plum crazy”

While other times, I'm as bananas as can be

Me, I really think that I am peachy keen

While there are times, I feel like a tangerine



Do you really think, and apple keeps the Doctor away

Or is it the pear, that really makes his day

I believe that grapes, make me feel astute

But I have sticky fingers, with an orange and a grapefruit



Or is it the berries, the straw, the blue, and the rasp

That tastes so good, when you have them in your grasp

Every now and then, I feel like a mango or a kiwi

Then there are times, when a pineapple calls to me



There is one fruit I love most, and I will name it here for you

It's the watermelon sliced thickly, followed by canteloupe and honeydew

I believe the apricot, is a cousin to the peach

The kumquat is in the family tree, but it is out of reach



I love my fruits, they make me feel complete

And they are juicy, and they are so sweet

There are also white cranberries, and they have less tart

Another good reason to love fruit, is they are good for your heart





Be healthy, and eat the fruits you love. They're good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment