Friday, December 23, 2016

Angel On A Cloud


Angel On A Cloud

© 2002 by Bud Lemire




I fell in step behind her, I thought I knew her well

But I was caught within a trap, and could not break the spell

I was holding her so tightly, I couldn't see a thing

The tears would always come, whenever I would sing



I was falling deeper into darkness, and couldn't get out

I had lost my voice, and couldn't scream or shout

But someone heard my cry for help, an Angel on a cloud

She surrounded me with heartfelt love, she heard my plea out loud



She softly whispered in my ear, “I'm really not to blame

For what this person did to me, really was a shame

This Angel held me up, said she wouldn't let me down

And said from this day on, she'd always be around



She healed the wounds, that pierced my very heart

And said our love combined, would have a brand new start

She sent me love, packaged in a box real nice

And always touched me verbally, with Heavenly advice



She said I would succeed, if only I would try

I knew her words were true, so I let my spirit fly

I went over mountains, to be with her there

Into her life, with a love we both could share

No comments:

Post a Comment