Saturday, December 24, 2016

At The Top


At The Top

© by Bud Lemire on July 29, 2016


                                                                               

I use to think if I tried hard enough, I'd make it to the top

I went as far as I could, but then I had to stop

It wasn't important that I get there, just important that I try

Nobody had to know the reasons, or even wonder why



Even though I never reached the top, it just couldn't be

I knew I was already at the top, just by being me

Some people think it's best to be at the top

While others are below, doing the bunny hop



I flow with my thoughts, and where I need to be

Guiding spirits opening my eyes to what I need to see

They guide me, on what it is I should do

These are the thoughts, that speak to your heart true



Listen to them, they'll never guide you wrong

Touching you, like a well performed song

Many times, the timing is the key

It's the “when,” on where you need to be



At the top, wasn't mean't for me

Other places, are where I needed to be

So on the level, in the areas of the heart

I am at the very top, when I am doing my part




Just because I didn't make it to the top, doesn't

mean I didn't try. I gave it my best, and in the

end, I realized, being at the top didn't matter at

all. Because, I was already there, because with

everything I do, I always give it my best.


No comments:

Post a Comment