Friday, December 23, 2016

Autumn House Memories


Autumn House Memories

© 2004 by Bud Lemire





I remember that very day, and never will forget

The Autumn House residents, the first day that we met

I fell in love with the place, the wonderful atmosphere

And the people who stopped in, I hold them very dear



Nancy, the one in charge, who gave this all its start

She made the extra effort, to give it all her heart

Her understanding of life, and so much more

Helped me to accomplish, all that was in store



Patti, who keeps my poems on her office wall

I recall the many times, she answered my call

Your guidance and your insight, welcomed me to this home

So I thought it was about time, to include you in a poem



Heidi, the longest staying Nurses Aide, who is down to Earth

Sensitive and caring, you know their special worth

You make every effort, to make them feel complete

I'm thankful for the pleasure, of you I got to meet



Jennifer, so kind and gentle in her ways

I shall remember you, in my future days

You understood me, and I understood you

You made me feel comfortable, with all that I do



So many people passed through, many came and went

Some were the workers, some were Heaven sent

Budge, Joe, & Alice, moved onto a better place

Many Autumn House Memories, leave a smile on my face




I remember the people who welcomed me into Autumn House,

and made me feel like I belonged there. They believed in me,

and knew that I was trying my best to make everyone there

feel comfortable. They made me feel that my effort was well

worth everything I did. Thank you for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment