Friday, December 23, 2016

Discovery (Elementary School)


Discovery (Elementary School)

© 2003 by Bud Lemire



My name is Aunja Norland, I'm a student of Discovery

And I'd like to share some words, of what it means to me

To be taught her in Gig Harbor, by the very best

Due to life's situations, we must be moving West



Mr. Adams, I thank you very much

For the time, and guidance with your touch

Thank you to all my friends, who have been there

Whenever I needed a friend, and words to share



Out through the back door, down through the Church Yard

Life doesn't get easier, sometimes it is hard

Up and off to school, every weekday morning

Tests of a lifetime, comes without a warning



I will remember, everyone I met here

Placed within my heart, of all things I hold dear

As I make my journey, and have a new start

I will look back, because you had a special part



I know I'll keep learning, wherever I will go

And the destination I arrive at, it will always show

I hope that as the days pass, that you remember me

And the times we shared, when we were at Discovery



Aunja moved to Montesano to live with her Grandparents

there. I was her Step-Father for almost 2 years. She once said to

me that someday I'd be a famous poet. I moved back to the

Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Aunja went to college and from what

I see on her Facebook page, she is enganged as well.

I wish her well in life, wherever life will take her.


No comments:

Post a Comment