Saturday, December 24, 2016

Beyond The Door


Beyond The Door

© Aug 13, 2016 by Bud Lemire



My Baby closed the door on my face

Now here I am lost in outer space

Looking for a friendly Alien to talk to

Venus and Mars come into view



Where should I go, where should I be

The door she shut, doesn't have a key

I'm too big to fit under

Didn't I just hear thunder



Some spaceship is firing at me

Oh why can't they just let me be

Awaken my child, and open your eyes”

Get out of bed, it's time to rise”



Leave me alone, I want to just stay in bed

Maybe if I stay here, I'll end up dead

Get up and fight, don't give up hope”

Let us guide you, here is the rope”



My life is over, don't you get that

I just don't like being, where I am at

You're only there for a moment, and that is all”

Stand on your feet, we'll stop your fall”



I speak from my heart, what else can I say

I try to move forward, all I see is gray

Look beyond and before, and you will see”

The greatest Love, will open to thee”




Since my baby closed the door on our love,

I've felt lost and so alone. Unsure of what

to do, unsure of what to say. Lost in some void.

Numb to everything. And very scared. Not sure

where I belong. Maybe I've lost my mind.

Or maybe it's just a misunderstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment