Monday, December 26, 2016

Hope In The New Year


Hope In The New Year

© by Bud Lemire on Dec 26, 2016




It had come to the end of another year

Yet thinking of the new one, brought so much fear

There was always the fear of the unknown

For half a year, he carried a heavy stone



It grew much heavier as the year came to an end

He found out just how far he could bend

He had good health, and the sun was shining

Remembering that every cloud had a silver lining



Where did he belong, where would he go

What would he do, he just didn't know

Where would his path, lead him to

He relied on hope, to help him through



Everything always seemed to have worked before

He earned his money by doing his chore

Yet now he had no chore to do

What little money he has, he's going through



Soon he won't have any for his rent

Because it will all be spent

His path brings him down a sad trail

He only knows that he can not fail

What will happen to this man next year

Let's hope a miracle will appear




I've always glided through the slow times,

and usually something came along. I always

managed to make it through my darkest times.

But that stress is weighing heavily on me. I do

have some plans, but it will me bring down a

different path. Not sure it will be better, I only know

it is the only option presenting itself to me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment