Saturday, December 24, 2016

April Fool's Day


April Fools Day

© by Bud Lemire on March 31, 2016



It's April Fools Day, who'll be the fool

Do you know anyone who is breaking the rule

Remember when sugar was changed to salt

Well, I can say, it sure wasn't my fault



I'm sure you remember things that happened on this day

The tricks that were pulled, as life took us away

I remember telling a friend, I saw an orange spotted purple bird

She stood on a chair to look, craziest thing you ever heard



April Fools Day can be enjoyed, as long as it's harmless fun

There's so many people, and you can choose anyone

I once told a friend I had a Japanese Ancestry

I'm all French, so how could that be



Oh there are so many fools on this April's day

It's that time of year when it's jokes that we play

I haven't played jokes in such a long time

But not playing them today, is such a crime



April Fools only come around on the first

As long as they're harmless, it won't be the worst

If someone offers you a chocolate bar, it might be Ex-Lax

Because on this day, those are the facts




April Fools Jokes are fun, as long as they don't

hurt anyone. Wishing all my friends a Happy

April Fools Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment