Friday, December 23, 2016

A Time For Aliens


A Time For Aliens

© 1988 by Bud Lemire



Watching the stars and moon, I start a dream

Drifting far away, my life's flowing stream

I'm on a world where fantasy comes true

What you really see, can happen to you



I see a green skinned woman with ten eyes

Must be a great looker, as I notice her size

And the red speckled woman, standing in the doorway

She has nine hands, I could be shaking them all day



I grab a drink, as the lights go dim

In my glass, something starts to swim

I grab for it, but my hand goes numb

It must have bitten me, boy was I dumb



Was its bite poisonous, I must know

Something grabs my left leg, and won't let go

I asked a purple man, about what was done

He answers in words, but I can understand none



I try prying the alien who's nibbling my toes

As I look up the purple man bites my nose

It's really painful and starts to bleed

The Doctor is the person that I really need



I feel dizzy and fall to the ground

I'm feeling weak as I hear a sound

Something ice cold is wrapped around my head

And the floor feels as soft as my own bed

I look up to find out who had saved me

The room is empty, except for one Jelly Baby




Sometimes a dream is just a dream, and

sometimes it can be more. Thanks to my

Imaginative mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment