Friday, December 23, 2016

Back In Time


Back In Time

© 2004 by Bud Lemire



If I could travel back in time

To the place where you became mine

Tell me exactly what did you see

To make you start loving me



Our love carried us through

Just like we always knew

But changes also came

Tell me, who is to blame



Was it you or was it me

Maybe both of us needed to be free

I always accepted you, for who you were

I know some ideas, made you unsure



But they were there before we met

I thought our love was already set

To live and love forever more

I never knew what was in store



Can differences come between love so strong

Can not love conquer any wrong

Let us fix and problems that occurred

That caused our love, to become absurd





This was right after Wanda told me she didn't love

me anymore. I was doing a lot of thinking about why

our love died. And if it could be saved. Of course

she had already decided it was over. Fast Forward

to the future, and I am glad I moved on.

No comments:

Post a Comment