Friday, December 23, 2016

Da U. P.


Da U. P.

© by Bud Lemire on Dec 11, 2004



Well, you've taken me there

The place of long underwear

It's where I wanted to go

Where there lives the Eskymo



Where the people go ice fishing

While others are inside and wishing

That the weather would be nice

Are we not Yoopers, or are we mice



Well, the snow, it's falling down

I can see your footprints on the ground

And it's gotten very cold

Below zero I've been told



You almost have to be super

To live the life of a Yooper

Wear a chook, I beg you please

So your head, it won't freeze



Shoveling snow from dusk until dawn

It's piled high upon your lawn

Snowballs flying in the air

You better duck, they're everywhere

Oh what a place to be

A Yooper's winter in Da U.P.




Oh yes, dats da U.P. That I know

and love. Dat Winter season does

get very cold, but dere is so much

good in it too. Snow can be pretty.

Fish tastes really great. But it's my

home and I love it dere.

No comments:

Post a Comment