Friday, December 23, 2016

Angel Spread Her Wings


Angel Spreads Her Wings

© 2001 by Bud Lemire


With family, you've returned to your native land

To work on your hopes, your dreams, a future plan

Your life has changed, in so many ways

Time passes quickly, as if you're in a daze



Close cousins are near, one you almost lost

You realize the value, and what it must have cost

Others stand on shaky ground, but they come out okay

Keeping them in check, they'll get through day by day



You feel the weight within, even though you care

And still you have inside, love you always share

You've felt and heard so much, as you move ahead

Inside stories carry emotions, many things were said



As you age another year, and older you will turn

Just like the rest of us, it's another lesson you learn

For once again my Angelic cousin, you've spread your wings again

And made me realize all over, you're such a special friend



Though the wires connect us, and you are too far

I'm always reminded of your love, in a twinkling of a star

Your light shines even brighter, as it's shining down on me

And we share a special closeness, that all is meant to be



A vision and a dream, is waiting for you

It'll all be worth it, when your journey's through

Always remember, I'll always be your guide

To help you in this journey, always by your side



Though the soul is invisible, it's with you every day

You knew this already, but still I had to say

You are so wonderful, I love you with all my heart

And in my life, you'll always play a special part



This was written for my Cousin Karen Lemire-Hudson,

who has been a great friend and wonderful cousin.

No comments:

Post a Comment