Friday, December 23, 2016

Caught Up In The Silence


Caught Up In The Silence

© 2002 by Bud Lemire



Caught up in the silence, of words not spoken

I give to you, rhyming words as my usual token

To let you know, I always try my best to speak

And end up staring into space, until the words I seek



Sometimes it will carry on, until the end of day

I get so frustrated, when my voice has gone away

I know you hate it, when I act like this

And that you'd prefer, a hug and a kiss



I search deep within my soul, to see what is there

Because I know for you, my silence is unfair

I do this not for pleasure, that is not my way

Bottled up inside of me, the words are hard to say

Sometimes I feel sad and lost, when I have hurt you

My anger is directed at myself, and I start feeling blue



As I learn more about you, I learn more about me too

And struggle with the answers, that tell me what to do

Caught up in the silence, from always being on my own

Sharing in my confusion, of my silent undertone



I will try my best, to speak straight from my heart

And let the silence fade, as we both do our part

I shall always, try to use common sense

So you and I won't be, Caught Up In The Silence




This was after the first argument between Wanda and I.

I have learned a lot since that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment