Friday, December 23, 2016

Better Days


Better Days

© 1999 by Bud Lemire



When did the darkness begin

To consume you, all over and within

I have listened, and I've heard your cry

And it's not fair, that you should want to die



I feel your pain, in the words that you write

I send you comforting words filled with light

I throw you down a line, I hope you'll take

Because of all the hopelessness that you make



Don't judge yourself too hard, you're a worthy man

And never say you can't, when you know you can

Never say you aren't, when you are

Don't give up, reaching for that star



The star may seem out of reach, but it's not true

There's a way to reach it, with all you do

To reach Heaven, you go through Hell

The rewards you receive, are very well



Don't give up the ship, you're not sunk yet

Your boat is shaken, you're just a little wet

I know you're a survivor, listen to me

Let the negative feelings, inside you fly free



Don't judge yourself by what you think others see

Look at yourself for all you can be

My friend, I felt your caring ways

And I know, for you, there are better days



For my friend Roger "falcon", who was going through

some really bad times.

No comments:

Post a Comment