Friday, December 23, 2016

David, My Friend


David My Friend

© 2001 by Bud Lemire



David, I want you to know how special you are to me

I can see the caring, loving ways, are in your family tree

Because they came through, on the screen one day

When you showed up, to help Kristina on her way

You gave her strength, when she found it hard to cope

You lifted her spirit, with your presence, you gave her hope



With your humor and support, you eased her pain and fear

With a promise to keep her safe, until she arrived here

We would have been great friends, this much is true

Because everything you have done, I would also do



I can't understand, why these tragedies happen in life

I wanted you to be around, when Kristina becomes my wife

You are a man, I am proud to know and love

And I know you'll be guiding us from above



I really don't know, what God has planned for you

But I promise you, and Kristina, that my love is true

I will continue what you started, with your loving light

Till the end of time, I will love Kristina, every day, every night



I will protect her, I will guide her, I will love her

And since we are much alike, of this you can be sure

You shall not be forgotten, as long as I shall live

You'll be remembered, for all the love you did give



My prayers were answered, when you answered the call

And kept Kristina standing, when I thought she would fall

I send a prayer to a cousin, who came to Kristina's side

Who's spirit lives on in Heaven, only his Eartly body died



And in memories, you shall be deep in our heart

Because of your robe, you played a special part

May your spirit grow in Heavenly light, my friend

And may you feel all the love, that I send



This was written for Kristina's Cousin David. He

stood by Kristina and helped her through many

things in life. Now he is in the Afterlife, and he

is watching over her as she continues her journey

of life. Our paths have taken different directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment