Saturday, December 24, 2016

The Robot At The End Of The Tunnel


The Robot At The End Of The Tunnel

© by Bud Lemire on Dec 12-13, 2016



It sounds like a robot at the end of the tunnel

As my ear takes in the sound like a funnel

What are you doing in that tunnel, I request

From the sound of it all, why aren't you sounding your best



I remember the way your voice use to be

This doesn't sound anything like that to me

When you laugh, it sounds funny to hear

It's a really weird sound, that enters my ear



I use an amplifier on my phone

To hear the beat, to hear the tone

I know your voice, but it's not the same

But it's doing its job, and that is its aim



I'm reading lips, and it's easier when they talk slow

When they don't look at me, then I don't know

I'm even reading body language, it says a lot

About the people, right there on the spot



When one sense goes, another gets stronger

I just wish, I had my hearing longer

The Robot at the end of the tunnel, is talking to me

The way he sounds, is the image that I see




It's no fun to lose your hearing. You give up

the music you love, you read TV shows(cc).

You learn to read lips to understand what

people are saying. You use an amplifier to

listen on the phone. Your whole life changes.

Enjoy what you have today, because tomorrow

it may be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment